I first started CrossFit with my boyfriend (now husband and father of my child) making up his own WODs to do outside. They consisted of box jumps on tree stumps, burpees in grass, and kettlebell swings with 10 lb. dumbbells. When we tried a CF box in Jan. ’13, I will vouch for any female who ever thought lifting weights makes you bulky because that was me. I liked it when we would run and do sit-ups. I also didn’t want to buy the shoes that everyone talked about and wore. After a couple months at my first box, I tried out J5 and quickly began to like to lift weights. The Coach was quick to put more weight on my bar and took away my modifications of movements because he saw I was capable of more. After being at J5 since April ’13, I have lost fat, gained muscle, and increased my weights on the barbell. I continue to make these achievements and have a great group of friends that help me succeed daily at J5.
- Favorite thing about coaching?
- Seeing people progress
- First CrossFit WOD & when?
- A Tabata with rowing, air squats, and push-ups in Jan. ‘13
- Least Favorite Benchmark?
- Favorite Benchmark?
- Which CrossFit Movement is totally in your wheelhouse?
- I love pull ups & squat cleans
- Favorite Cheat Meal?
- Anything chocolate
- Favorite Supplement?
- Progenex Force
- Favorite CrossFit Athlete?
- Camille Leblanc-Bazinet
- Advice to new CrossFit Athletes?
- Don’t be intimidated and remember everyone was new at one point also
- If you could have one super power what would it be?
- To fly
- Tell us one thing about yourself not related to CrossFit?
- I’ve been to Mexico 10 times
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer