I started CrossFit at J5 Crossfit in March of 2013 after nearly losing my life to septic shock. I had been a decade-long marathon runner, a gymnast in my youth and enjoyed lifting weights, so Crossfit seemed like a natural fit- even though at first it was very intimidating! After having a child and overcoming my illness, my fitness level was back to ground zero. As I slowly gained strength and confidence, I quickly became addicted to the process of CrossFit and I enjoy competing at Crossfit every chance I get. I want as many people as possible to know if I can do this, they can too, and so I became a coach.
- Favorite thing about coaching?
- Since CrossFit is universally scalable, every person can be a CrossFit athlete. I love being able to share the fact that CrossFit is for everyone and to empower others to become a better, stronger version of themselves.
- First CrossFit WOD & when?
- Grace in March of 2013 and I had no idea it was so hard to count to 30.
- Least Favorite Benchmark?
- Favorite Benchmark?
- Which CrossFit Movement is totally in your wheelhouse?
- Running or pull-ups
- Favorite Cheat Meal?
- Favorite Supplement?
- I work out primarily at 5:30AM so definitely preworkout
- Favorite CrossFit Athlete?
- Mat Fraser
- Advice to new CrossFit Athletes?
- The race is long and in the end, it is only with yourself. We only get one life, and with enough hard work you can be anything you want to be. At CrossFit you get an opportunity to become better every single day. Show up, work hard, have fun.
- If you could have one super power what would it be?
- Unlimited Strength
- I love being a mom and I am also obsessed with Wonder Woman
Tell us one thing about yourself not related to CrossFit?
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- Completed Crossfit Running Course