In 2013 I found myself in a fitness slump after a few rounds of a popular at home cross training program. My best friend had been a J5 member for a while and had been nudging me to give it a try…one class was all it took! Hooked!
The J5 community has become a huge part of my family’s life-most recently supporting me through my recovery from Breast Cancer Surgery! That journey has made me appreciate my body and what it’s capable of more than ever!
- Favorite thing about coaching?
- Sharing a good tip!
Every coach tells you how to do things a different way-it takes just one to share a tip that “clicks”!
I love being a part of the “beginners” journey! Watching people see what their bodies are actually capable of is so inspiring! Whenever a new athlete says “I’ll never do that”, I love assuring them “just not YET”
- First CrossFit WOD & when?
- Karen. 2013
Couldn’t walk for a week but now it’s one of my favorites!
- Least Favorite Benchmark?
Running is my weakness and pull-ups when tired from running is torture!
- Favorite Benchmark?
- Diane because I LOVE HSPUs.
Karen a close 2nd.
- Which CrossFit Movement is totally in your wheelhouse?
- Squats. All of them!!
- Favorite Cheat Meal?
- Favorite Supplement?
- BCAAs-makes my water tasty.
- Favorite CrossFit Athlete?
- Always Christmas Abbott.
I love that she didn’t have any fitness background and for a tiny framed woman-like myself-was able to be so strong.
- Advice to new CrossFit Athletes?
- Don’t rush it.
Enjoy the process.
Learn quality over quantity!
Try and be “pretty good” at all the CrossFit’s not just really good at a few-it’ll make you a better athlete!
- If you could have one super power what would it be?
- Time travel.
There’s so many awesome moments in life I’d love to relive!
- I’m an animal lover. All animals. In particular horses-so much that I became an Equine Massage Therapist in 2016 and it’s the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done!
Tell us one thing about yourself not related to CrossFit?